The first International Quill Quarrel contest is accepting admissions from August 15th – October 15th, 2012. The contest is open to everyone. I’ve copied the submission guidelines below, but encourage you to visit their website.
All submissions must be in English.
- The subject and style of your submissions are left up to you.
- A maximum of 80 lines per poem.
- All poems must be original.
- All submissions must never have been previously published or given an award of any kind.
- Entry into this contest shall be considered an agreement that gives permission for your poem to be displayed on the website. If for any reason you do not wish to have your poem posted simply write “Do not want displayed” on a separate piece of paper and insert it with your submission.
- All letters and paper will be recycled. If you wish to have your submission returned, include a letter with pre-paid postage and your address on it.
- If multiple poems are submitted with only one reading fee included, the first poem read shall be chosen and the rest discarded. (Reading fee $5.00 per poem submitted. Maximum of 4 poems)
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place shall receive 5%, 3%, and 2% of all reading fees collected respectively as a cash prize. There will also be a page created for the winners which will showcase this year’s top three, and in years to come will show all the past winners as well.
- Submissions will be mailed to:
The International Quill Quarrel
25 Access Place, Conception Bay South
- Reading fees shall be paid in full and be included with the submission in the same envelope. There will be only a few accepted methods of payment. These include Canadian Currency, American Currency, Checks, and Money Orders. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If an alternate payment method is your only possibility, contact the IQQ for assistance and we will try to accommodate you.
- All checks and/or money orders will be made out to “The International Quill Quarrel”
- All judging will be done by the IQQ.
- Family members of any employee of the IQQ will not qualify to participate.
- Submissions will not be used for any other purpose than mentioned above.