CALL FOR POETRY SUBMISSIONS FOR THE ANTHOLOGY
Anthology of Poems out of America and Beyond Boarders
Edited by Amos O. Ojwang’ and Julie Burtinshaw
- Submissions should be done through Email as an attachment.
- Submissions, editing and publication is free. No fee is paid to be published in the anthology.
- The submissions should be typed in MS WORD in font 12, Times New Roman or Garamond.
- Include your short bionote at the end of your submissions indicating your nationality and contact details as well. Also attach a passport sized photo together with your bionote.
- Do not write anything in the HEADER or FOOTER.
- Submit a maximum of 5 poems. Two on identities and social issues while others could be of any topic/theme.
- No word limit.
- You must not submit a previously published poem other than it being submitted as a classwork on the IWP MOOC. You must submit original work.
- Your first poem should have been submitted either as a course work or posted for peer review on the IWP MOOC while other poems could be of any kind.
- The subject line of your submissions should read: POETRY SUBMISSIONS
- Deadline is 20th AUGUST 2017
All contributors possess exclusive rights to publish or use their poems in other publications as long as you write to acknowledge the first publishers.
PUBLISHING CRETERIA AND ACCESSIBILITY OF THE ANTHOLOGY AFTER PUBLICATION
- We shall acknowledge the receipt of your submission with subsequent steps regarding the publication.
- In the event that your poems are accepted for publishing, we shall send you a copyright transfer form and contract to fill in.
- The anthology shall therefore be published in both in digital and print version. It shall be available on Amazon for accessibility to all contributors across the world.
- Each poem published shall earn each contributor some royalties.
WHERE TO SUBMIT
All submissions on poetry should be done through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Other than the editors being students of the IWP MOOC, this project is not for the UNIVERSITY OF IOWA, IWP, MOOC 2017. So do not confuse the two entities.
Submission is open to everyone across the globe. We don’t consider gender, race, political affiliations, religious background etc. This is a non-profiting project hence open to everyone.